National Juried Call
Entry Deadline: Deadline has passed
GALLERY ONE VISUAL ARTS CENTER announces their eighth national juried call. Entries of artworks that include representations of animal species will be accepted from across the nation and juried by Jane Kim of Ink Dwell for inclusion in a month-long exhibition, April 2022 in their Main & Mezzanine Galleries in downtown Ellensburg, WA.
Works can be created in any medium but must depict an animal somewhere within the work. Opportunities for lectures and workshops may be offered to artists to accompany the exhibition. $800 in awards will be distributed and a slideshow of accepted works posted on their website.
Questions: Call Gallery One Visual Art Center at 509-925-2670 or email email@example.com
Medium: All mediums will be accepted for entry including video, 2D and 3D works.
Images: Submit up to six images for consideration.
Entry fee: $20 for first image, $10 each additional image submitted up to six. Detail images will count as an additional image. 10% of all entry fees will be donated to KEEN (Kittitas Environmental Education Network), a nonprofit based in Ellensburg, WA whose mission is to cultivate an active awareness and understanding of the endangered shrub-steppe, provide nature-based education for all ages, and strengthen commitment to environmental stewardship. More info at: www.ycic.org
Juror: Jane Kim – Ink Dwell
Jane Kim is an American painter, science illustrator and the founder of the Ink Dwell studio. She is best known for her expansive and meticulously rendered murals created with the purpose of promoting advocacy of the natural world, making everyday places special and enhancing iconic locations with wondrous imagery. Her paintings explore the beauty and complexity of nature through merging classical techniques of science illustration with modern fine art.
· $300 — Most innovative work depicting an animal/s
· $200 – Best realistic representation of an animal/s
· $200 — Best interpretation of an animal/s
· $100 — Award of merit
· images of accepted works will be posted on our website
Open to all artists 18 years and older residing in the USA. Acceptance implies the use of your images and your name in any printed or online publicity. All work must have been completed within the last three years.
- all entries must be submitted through CallForEntry.org, also known as Café
- digital images must be cropped to include artwork only
- images will not be accepted after 11:59pm, February 27, 2022, MST
- jury result notifications will be sent via email to all entrants by March 9, 2022
- a list of works with titles and retail prices must be submitted to Gallery One prior to shipping the artwork
- Gallery One reserves the right to refuse any entry which does not meet the criteria listed
- artwork is encouraged but not required to be for sale
- artists who list work for sale will receive a 60% commission of the retail value via check within a month after the close of the show
- works valued at $10,000 or more will not be accepted
- the artist is responsible for notifying Gallery One of any changes in address or contact info from what is listed on the Cafe’ website. The gallery is not responsible for incorrect artist profile information that could lead to checks and/or artwork being shipped to an outdated address.
- refunds will not be granted to applicants who do not meet the guidelines for entry
February 27, 2022 deadline for entries
March 9, 2022 jury result notifications sent via Email
March 23, 2022 shipped entries must arrive at Gallery One
March 26 & 27, 2022 hand-delivered works may be dropped off at Gallery One
April 1-30, 2022 exhibition on view at Gallery One
May 1 & 2, 2022 hand-delivered work can be picked up
May 5, 2022 return shipping begins
Accepted artwork specifications:
- accepted entries must include clear instructions for display
- special needs for displaying artwork must be approved prior to shipping
- artist statements/bios and high-resolution jpegs may be requested for our website and other promotional materials
- gallery shipping address and other info will be included in the notification email if accepted