Gallery One Seeks Creative Residents for New Ink-ubator Space
The Ink (named for its location as the former printing room of the Daily Record) is designed to act as an incubator for creativity. It is a shared space for artists, creative businesses and creative nonprofits to interact with each other and the greater community. Gallery One’s mission is to provide access to the visual arts through education, events and exhibition. The Ink is meant to expand access by drawing together creatives of all disciplines in order to provide a collaborative work environment. The Ink will provide creatives with a space to further the impact of their art, expand their customer base, increase their community engagement, develop their ideas, and market their work.
Gallery One provides the Creative Resident the following:
- Useable studio space at a subsidized rate including internet, utilities and 24-hr access
At the rate of around $2/sq ft depending on proposal and location.
- Exposure to the public through First Friday Art Walks and other events.
- Connection with a community of other creatives
- Use of two shared spaces that include:
1. a “living room” that can be used for gathering space and can be scheduled for up to 5 hours of exclusive use/monthly with the Ink liaison
- a shared water supply at the kitchenette
- ADA restroom facilities
- Access to the Art Lab- currently located at Gallery One which offers private meeting space, photography equipment and computer access with Adobe Creative Suite Access, and printing services (for a fee).
- Gallery One will handle consumables and light cleaning of shared spaces only (we will not clean individual spaces).
- A Gallery One representative to represent the Inkubator space to community and organization.
The Creative Resident is expected to:
- Use the space on a regular basis.
- Be open to the public and represent at arranged Friday Art Walks. Artists are encouraged to schedule a presence for First Fridays
- Shared responsibility for communal space, utility sink and bathrooms.
- Not use hazardous or toxic materials (spray paint for example) or open flames in the space. Outdoor space use is fine.
- Clutter free entrance and exit in studio for fire and public safety.
- Control dust and odors in studios.
- Have an insurance policy that protects personal property or waive liability.
- Maintain a positive work environment that is inclusive of all ages and abilities.
- Be current members of Gallery One.
Submit letter of interest that includes:
- Intended use of space and how it fits with the purpose of the space
- Anticipated use (daily, 3x week, etc)
- Requested square footage requested
- How many people this application represents
- Bio or resume that supports experience, former and current creative endeavors
- Samples of creative work ( website, images or other media)
Questions and applications can be sent to John preferably by April 15 with (The Ink Application “YOUR LAST NAME” in the subject
April 15th Applications received by this date will receive priority
April 31st Committee will review applications and meet with applicants
May 31 Lease commences