Color Theory Sessions
Saturday & Sunday, October 21 – 22, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00pm
$84 / $76 members
Materials list provided
Learn color theory by building a variety of reference materials for understanding color interactions. Intended for beginners, examples of exercises include creating your own color wheel, learning different color schemes, and brief demonstrations of optic illusions. We will take a 1 hour lunch break.
Ages 14 and up welcome.
Please register at least 72 hours in advance. Classes may be canceled if enrollment minimums are not met. Cost is per student.
You will be required to purchase your own supplies and bring them to class.
If you already have supplies, please feel free to bring and use them. Most of these materials are available at Jerrol’s in Ellensburg
- Brushes: #12 All Media Flat, and a 1” Flat All Media One StrokeSketchbook (Any size/brand you prefer)
- Watercolor Paper (140# cold press, Strathmore or Pro Art recommended, 9”x12” minimum)
- Drawing Pencil (if not using a mechanical pen, include a hand-held pencil sharpener)
- Pen for notes
- Eraser: Art Gum Eraser or White Magic Eraser
- Watercolor Palette
- 1 Roll Magic Scotch Tape
- Soft rags OR Paper towels
- 18” x 18” Tote drawing board or your own board
- Two Containers for Water
Gauche Paint (Watercolor may be substituted)
Graham OR Daniel Smith HIGHLY Recommended
- Naphthal Red
- Alizarin Crimson
- Ultramarine Blue
- Cobalt Blue
- Azo Yellow
- Cadmium Yellow
- Titanium White
- Ivory Black
- Burnt Umber
- Yellow Ochre