GALLERY ONE ART LAB
This resource room will provide the following to our artist community:
- Access to Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom, etc.) for resizing images, developing and updating websites, and designing materials for promotion and marketing (artist show cards, artist presentations, etc) five days/week.
- Access to a professional artist and graphic designer for assistance with the programs and equipment once a month during Open Art Lab sessions.
- Mini Confab professional development workshops scheduled throughout the year to deep dive into topics relevant to a career as a professional artist.
- Access to photography equipment such as lights, camera and backdrop in order to develop a professional art portfolio.
- Access to a conference space to facilitate meetings with artists, clients, etc.
- Anyone using the lab must be a member of Gallery One. Memberships start at just $20.
- Check-in at the front desk is required to obtain a key and pay.
- Use of the room can be scheduled ahead for up to two-hour blocks of time (up to four hours for photographing) Drop-ins are also welcome, however artists who have scheduled the space get priority. If you have been in the lab for more than two hours and someone is waiting, you must finish and allow others access.
- Downloading, installing programs or storing files on the computer is not allowed. Please bring your own thumb drive, an external storage device or use the cloud for saving files.
- Outside of Open Art Lab hours, artists must be self-sufficient. Front desk staff is not on call to offer assistance. Please let the front desk know if equipment is broken. Stop by every Third Thursday, starting February 20, 4-6pm for Open Art Labs for technical support.
- Gallery One has the right to refuse Art Lab use to anyone using the space or equipment inappropriately.
Use of the lab: Free to members of the gallery.
Use of photo equipment: $10/hr. or $20/day includes lights, tripod, pedestal, and camera. You must provide your own memory card for the computer – all files found on the camera or computer will be deleted.
Printing: .40/sheet color & .10/sheet b&w for 8 ½ x 11. The cost doubles for legal or poster sizes. You may bring in your own paper if you require something other than general printer paper. Printing costs will remain the same in this case.
HOURS: Noon- 4pm, Wednesday – Sunday except when Gallery One is closed for holidays.
Funding for Art Lab provided by: