The Ties that Bind: National Juried Call
Entry Deadline: January 27, 2019
Enter Here: CAFE’
GALLERY ONE VISUAL ARTS CENTER announces their fifth national juried exhibition titled The Ties that Bind. Entries of artist quilts will be accepted from across the nation and juried by Joey Veltkamp for inclusion in a month-long exhibition, March of 2019, in the main gallery of Gallery One in downtown Ellensburg, WA. Opportunities for lectures, workshops, and/or special events may be offered to select artists to accompany the exhibition. Eight hundred dollars in awards will be distributed by the juror and a slideshow of accepted works posted on our website.
Questions: Call Gallery One Visual Art Center at 509-925-2670 or email email@example.com
Media: For the purpose of this exhibition, we define an Art Quilt as an original exploration of a concept or idea rather than the handing down of a pattern. Art quilts experiment with textile manipulation, color, texture and/or diversity of materials. An Art Quilt often pushes quilt world boundaries but should consist predominately of fiber or a fiber-like material with two or more layers which are held together with stitches, piercing or other methods of joining.
Images: maximum of 6 artwork entries
Entry fee: $20 for first entry – $10 each additional entry
Juror: Joey Veltkamp makes text-based fabric work and drawings. His work has been shown at Seattle Art Museum, Frye Art Museum, Tacoma Art Museum, Greg Kucera Gallery, SOIL, and other galleries in the Northwest. Joey is currently prepping for his first solo museum exhibition in 2020. He lives in Bremerton, Washington with his husband.
· $300 — Most Innovative Artwork
· $200 — Best traditional quilting approach
· $200 — Best non-traditional quilt approach
· $100 — Award of Merit
· images of accepted works will be posted on our website
Open to all artists 18 years and older residing in the USA. Accepted entries MUST be identical to submitted images or the work will not be exhibited. Acceptance implies the use of your images and your name in any printed or online publicity. All work must have been completed within the last three years, originals only (no reproductions), and cannot be completed under the direction of an instructor or as a matriculated student.
- all entries will be submitted through CallForEntry.org, also known as Café
- digital images must be cropped to include artwork only, no frames, mountings or added text unless they are considered part of the piece
- images will not be accepted after 11:59pm, January 27, 2019, MST
- email notifications will be sent to all entrants February 7, 2019
- artists may not substitute, alter, change sale prices, or withdraw work after it has been accepted
- Gallery One reserves the right to refuse any entry which does not meet the criteria listed
- artwork should be for sale and artists receive a 60% commission of the retail value
- refunds will not be granted to applicants who do not meet the guidelines for entry
- the artist is responsible for notifying the gallery of any changes or deviations in address or contact info from what is listed on the Cafe’ website. The gallery is not responsible for incorrect artist profile information that could lead to checks and/or artwork being shipped to an outdated address.
January 27, 2019 deadline for entries
February 7, 2019 jury result notifications sent via Email
February 18-22, 2019 shipped entries must arrive at Gallery One
February 26-27, 2019 hand-delivered works may be dropped off at Gallery One
March 1, 2019 opening reception from 5 to 8pm with awards announced at 6:15pm
March 31-April 1, 2019 hand-delivered work picked up
April 5, 2019 return shipping begins
Accepted artwork specifications:
- accepted entries must include clear instructions for display
- works cannot be hung from the ceiling and cannot exceed 125” in height
- special needs for displaying artwork must be pre-approved prior to shipping
- artist statements/bios and high resolution Jpegs will be requested for our website
- a loan agreement will be emailed with your acceptance and must accompany the artwork
- gallery shipping address and other info will be included in the notification email if accepted
Artists are responsible for round trip shipping and insurance (during shipping) of artworks. All shipments must include a prepaid return shipping label or shipping charge account number and be shipped in a container appropriate for reuse in return shipping. NO PACKING PEANUTS PLEASE. Gallery One will insure artworks for the artist’s commission value while on the premises (60% of retail).